This UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification takes place over 5 Days (9-6pm on all 5 days)
- 18th & 19th January, 15th & 16th February & 15th March 2020
With effect from 1st February 2017, when booking a course, you are required to be available for all advertised dates. If however, once you have received your confirmation, you are unable to attend a course date, in exceptional circumstances and if availability allows, England Netball will try and accommodate the change. A charge of £30 will apply to any one change needed, with any additional changes incurring further costs.
The role of the Level 2 coach is to ‘Prepare for, deliver and review coaching sessions’
By successfully completing a Level 2 coaching qualification, as part of a UKCC endorsed coach education programme, coaches will be able to:
- Plan a series of coaching sessions:
- review participants’ needs
- produce plans for a series of sessions that support participants’ development
- plan for an evaluation of the series of sessions
- Prepare the coaching environment for the delivery of coaching sessions:
- establish a safe coaching environment
- prepare participants for the series of coaching sessions
- Deliver a series of coaching sessions to develop participant’s performance:
- establish and maintain working relationships with participants and others
- deliver coaching sessions
- develop participants’ performance
- conclude sessions
- Monitor and evaluate coaching sessions and personal practice:
- evaluate participants’ performance and the effectiveness of sessions
- monitor personal coaching practice
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Have attended a recognised Safeguarding and Protecting Children training course within 2 years of the course start date. Please submit a copy only as we cannot be held liable for original certificates that may go missing in the post. We do not accept certificates that were obtained online – you are required to have a Safeguarding course delivered to you face-to-face.
- Have attended a recognised Emergency 1st Aid course within 2 years of the course start date. Please submit a copy only as we cannot be held liable for original certificates that may go missing in the post. We do not accept certificates that were obtained online – you are required to have a Safeguarding course delivered to you face-to-face.
- Please ensure you have access to players to coach in a practical Netball environment before enrolling on a UKCC course. As part of the UKCC Level 2 course, you will be required to independently plan and deliver four hours of coaching, so you will need to have access to players to complete this practical coaching element.
Please note, you will be required to have access to a computer and the internet to be able to access our e-portfolio assessment system. If you have learning difficulties that make this assessment system unsuitable for you, please contact email@example.com and we will make alternative arrangements for you.
It is highly recommended that applicants have been an active coach in Netball for a minimum of 2 years, or attended a Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Netball.
Booking forms can be downloaded here: https://www.englandnetball.co.uk/netball-event/level-2-coach-qualification-52/
For queries about this course please contact: